Today we made a pound cake using yogurt and “sesame oil”.
The pound cake had some sticky spots inside (There were dark color area above a picture). It might be caused by the moisture of yogurt wasn’t drained enough or used white sesame oil instead of canola oil.
Yogurt and White Sesame Oil Pound Cake Recipe (Ingredient)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Costs (Yen)||Remarks|
Yogurt and White Sesame Oil Pound Cake Recipe (Procedure)
(1) At first, the egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring (for a few minutes) until a meringue became like a stiff peak. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring (for a few minutes).
(3) Then the yogurt was microwaved (600W) for a minute then drained with a heavy stone for about an hour.
(4) One egg yolk, 40g sugar, 50g oil and the drained yogurt in another bowl then they were mixed with a hand mixer (for a few minutes).
(5) The meringue of (2) and 50g flour were put in the bowl of (4) then mixed them with the hand mixer (for a few minutes). The dough was done.
(6) The dough was poured into a pan of the pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(7) Put pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then that was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(8) After baking, remove it from the pan, then put it on a net for cooling for a while. The cake looked good (below a picture), but the side of cake dented somewhat. And it tastes a little heavy.
It might be caused by the moisture of yogurt wasn’t drained enough or used white sesame oil instead of canola oil.