Today, we made a pound cake of white sesame oil instead of butter.
The pound cake taseted egg flavor strong and fluffy! But the pound cake had a little sticky part inside (and calories were also so high).
Also, we used baking powder this time so that the pound cake rose too much. If meringues is used for making cake, it’s good not to use baking powder.
White Sesame Oil Pound Cake Recipe (Ingredients)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Costs (Yen)||Remarks|
|3||White sesame oil||50||461||¥79|
White Sesame Oil Pound Cake Recipe (Procedure)
(1) At first, the egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring (for a few minutes) until a meringue became like a stiff peak. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring (for a few minutes).
(3) One egg yolk, 40g sugar and 50g oil in another bowl then they were mixed with a hand mixer (for a few minutes).
(4) Meringue, 50g flour and 4g baking powder put into the bowl of (3), then mixed them with the hand mixer (about a few minutes). The dough was done.
(5) The dough was poured into a pan of the pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then that was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(7) After baking, the center of pound cake rose too much. That might be because both of the meringue and baking powder were used for making cake.