Today, we made a pound cake with canola oil.
The done of the cake was the same taste of the white sesame oil (It tastes egg flavor strong). And that cake was fluffy!
Also, the cake rose too much with the meringue and baking powder even in the case of using canola oil.
Canola Oil Pound Cake Recipe (Ingredients)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Costs (Yen)||Remarks|
Canola Oil Pound Cake Recipe (Procedure)
(1) At first, the egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring (for a few minutes) until a meringue became like a stiff peak. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring (for a few minutes).
(3) One egg yolk, 40g sugar and 20g oil in another bowl then they were mixed with a hand mixer (for a few minutes).
(4) Meringue, 50g flour and 4g baking powder put into the bowl of (3), then mixed them with the hand mixer (about a few minutes). The dough was done.
(5) The dough was poured into a pan of the pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then that was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(7) After baking, the center of pound cake rose too much. That might be because both of the meringue and baking powder were used for making cake even in the case of using canola oil.