Today we tried making a pound cake with olive oil instead of canola oil.
Regarding a done cake, it had a strong olive aroma and tasted egg flavor. Also a pound cake was made of canola oil, white sesame oil or olive oil, it tasted same.
Olive oil Pound Cake Recipe (Ingredients)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Cost (Yen)||Remarks|
Olive oil Pound Cake Recipe (Procedure)
(1) At first, an egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring until a meringue became like a stiff peak for a few minutes. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring for a few minutes.
(3) One egg yolk, 40g sugar and 20g oil were poured into another bowl then they were mixed with a hand mixer for a few minutes.
(4) Meringue and 50g flour put into the bowl of (3). Then they was mixed with a hand mixer for 1 or 2 minutes. A dough was done.
(5) The dough was poured into a pan of pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put the pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then it was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(7) After that, we took the cake from the pan, then cooling.
Regarding the done cake, it had a strong olive aroma and tasted egg flavor. Also a pound cake was made of canola oil, white sesame oil or olive oil, it tasted same.