Today we tried making a pound cake with canola oil and less amount of butter before.
Regarding a done cake, the cake with 5g butter and 20g oil also became finely textured. On the other hand, butter flavor of the cake was not enough and egg flavor strong.
Canola Oil and Butter Pound Cake Recipe (Ingredients)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Costs (Yen)||Remarks|
Canola Oil and Butter Pound Cake Recipe (Procedure)
(1) At first, an egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring for a few minutes until a meringue became like a stiff peak. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring for a few minutes.
(3) Put one egg yolk, 40g of sugar, 20g of oil and 5g of butter in another bowl and mixed with a hand mixer for a few minutes.
(4) After that, put the meringue and 50g of flour in the bowl, then mixed with a hand mixer for 1 or 2 minutes. A dough was done.
(5) The dough was poured into a pan of pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put the pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then it was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(7) After that, the cake was taken out from the pan, then cooling and cut it.
Regarding the done cake, the cake with 5g butter and 20g oil also became finely textured. On the other hand, butter flavor of the cake was not enough and egg flavor strong.