Today we tried making a pound cake with rum. We sprinkled rum on the pound cake after cooling, then wrapped and kept it for one day.
As a done cake, the cross-section of the pound cake was fine, and the cake had a strong rum flavor. In addition, the rum was soaked well in the bottom of the cake, so it might have been better to turn the cake over while it was kept for.
Pound Cake with Rum Recipe (Ingredient)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Cost (Yen)||Remarks|
Pound Cake with Rum Recipe (Procedure)
(1) At first, the egg were divided into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Stirred the egg white for a few minutes with a hand mixer, then added 10g of sugar and mixed for about 1 minute until a meringue became like a stiff peak. The meringue was done.
(3) Put one egg yolk, 40g of sugar and 20g of oil in another bowl and mixed with a hand mixer for 2,3 minutes.
(4) After put the meringue and 50g of flour into the bowl, then mixed for 1,2 minutes with the hand mixer. The dough was done.
(5) Poured the dough into a cake pan. After that, tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put the pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 10 minutes, then it was baked at 160 °c for more 20 minutes.
(7) Took the pound cake out from the pan then sprinkled 20g of rum over the cake. After that, we wrapped and kept it for one day.
(8) Finally, cut the pound cake. As a done cake, the cross-section of the pound cake was fine, and the cake had a strong rum flavor. In addition, the rum was soaked well in the bottom of the cake, so it might have been better to turn the cake over while it was kept for.