Today we tried making a pound cake with rum again. This time, we kept it for 2 days after rum sprinkled.
As a done cake, the cake was moist but didn’t have alcohol flavor. If you are not good at alcohol taste, you might keep the cake after sprinkled rum for at least two days.
Pound Cake with Rum Recipe (Ingredients)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Cost (Yen)||Remarks|
|5||Rum||25||60||¥ 43||Bacardi Superior|
Pound Cake with Rum Recipe (Procedure)
(1) First, an egg was divided into egg white and yolk.
(2) Stirred the egg white for a few minutes with a hand mixer, then added 10g of sugar and mixed for about 1 minute until a meringue became like a stiff peak. The meringue was done.
(3) Put one egg yolk, 40g of sugar and 20g of oil in another bowl and mixed with a hand mixer for 2,3 minutes.
(4) After put the meringue and 50g of flour into the bowl, then mixed for 1,2 minutes with the hand mixer. The dough was done.
(5) Poured the dough into a cake pan. After that, tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put the pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 10 minutes, then it was baked at 160 °c for more 20 minutes.
(7) Took the pound cake out from the pan then sprinkled 25g of rum over the cake. After that, we wrapped and kept it for two days.
(8) Finally, cut the pound cake. As a done cake, the cake was moist but didn’t have alcohol flavor. If you are not good at alcohol taste, you might keep the cake after sprinkled rum for at least two days.