This is the third time to make Pound cake with yogurt and canola oil. This time the yogurt was microwaved then drained with heavy stone for about an hour.
As a result, the pound cake was fluffy! It seems to be important to drain moisture of yogurt in order to prevent a sticky texture of the cake.
Recipe for Pound Cake with Yogurt and Canola oil (Ingredients)
|#||Ingredients||Gram (g)||Calories (kcal)||Costs (Yen)||Remarks|
Recipe for Pound Cake with Yogurt and Canola oil (Procedure)
(1) At first, the egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring (for a few minutes) until a meringue became like a stiff peak. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring (for a few minutes).
(3) Then the yogurt was microwaved (600W) for a minute then drained with a heavy stone for about an hour. The appearance of the yogurt became as below.
(4) One egg yolk, 40g sugar, 50g canola oil and the drained yogurt in another bowl then they were mixed with a hand mixer (for a few minutes).
(5) The meringue of (2) and 50g flour were put in the bowl of (4) then mixed them with the hand mixer (for a few minutes). The dough was done.
(6) The dough was poured into a pan of the pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(7) Put pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then that was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(8) After baking, removed the pound cake from the pan, then put that on a net for cooling for a while. That appearance looked like the pound cake made of butter before.
After cutting the pound cake, that was fluffy! It seems to be important to drain moisture of yogurt to prevent a sticky texture of the cake.