Today, we tried making a pound cake added soy pulp.
Regarding a done cake, it looked beautiful without shrinking. But the taste was strong soy pulp and no egg flavor, and the texture was dry. We might use too much soy pulp powder (we used about 20g soy pulp).
Soy Pulp Pound Cake (Ingredients)
|2||Powder of soy pulp||20||70||¥49|
Above Calories and Costs are approximately.
Soy Pulp Pound Cake (Procedure)
(1) At first, an egg was separated into egg white and egg yolk.
(2) Then the egg white was kept stirring (for a few minutes) until a meringue became like a stiff peak. After that, 10g sugar was added into the meringue, furthermore that was kept stirring (for a few minutes).
(3) One egg yolk, 40g sugar and 20g oil in another bowl then they were mixed with a hand mixer (for a few minutes).
(4) Meringue, 50g flour and 20g soy pulp put into the bowl of (3). 20g soy pulp was too much, so the moisture of dough looked less. So it was difficult to mix them with spatula for about 1 or 2 minutes. After that, the dough was done.
(5) The dough was poured into a pan of pound cake. Then tapped the bottom of the pan from five to ten times in order to remove bubbles inside.
(6) Put the pan into an oven preheated at 180 °c. The cake was baked for 20 minutes, then that was baked at 160 °c for more 10 minutes.
(7) After that, we took the cake from the pan, then cooling.
Regarding a done cake, it looked beautiful without shrinking. But the taste was strong soy pulp and no egg flavor, and the texture was dry. We might use too much soy pulp powder.